As we age, many of us experience changes in our wellbeing. It’s all too easy to become dependent on others, which can have an impact on your independence and self-esteem.
Supported Independent Living Brisbane is a service designed to help people like you regain control over their lives by providing support with daily activities so that they can live independently.
What this means is that you’ll have access to help when you need it but without having to move into full time residential care or relying on family members who may not be able to provide the same level of care as professionals trained in particular areas of medicine or therapy.
In this article we will explore what supported independent living is, who it helps and what sort of help can be expected from this type of service
What is supported independent living?
Supported Independent Living is a service that helps you to live independently in your own home.
Supporting you means that we will give you help with household tasks, shopping and cooking; social activities; personal care and transport as appropriate to your needs.
At each level there are different services depending on what mix is right for you including:
- Personal Care Assistants (PCAs) who will assist with personal care such as washing, dressing and toileting etc., depending on the level of support required.
- They may also provide help with meal preparation which may be offered by volunteers from our partner organisations or other volunteers from within our staff team.
- Respite Carers who provide respite breaks during the week-day evenings so that family members can go out for social events or enjoy time off together without worrying about leaving someone alone at home.
- Home Support Workers who provide short term assistance with everyday tasks such as housework or light shopping which might otherwise be difficult for someone living alone; they also offer companionship when needed;
Who does supported independent living help?
Supported independent living helps people with a range of problems, including:
- mental health problems
- physical disabilities
- older people who are frail or isolated.
Supported independent living Brisbane can help you living.re out of life. By keeping a focus on your strengths and interests, supported in independent living can help you live independently and safely.
It’s also one way to stay in your own home longer, which means that you’re able to get more out of life by staying connected with the people and places that matter most to you.
Supported independent living can be a great resource for people who want to live life on their own terms, but need some help from time to time.
It’s important to note that this form of assistance is not designed as a substitute for home care or nursing care – but it does offer much-needed support for those who are able-bodied enough to live on their own, yet need occasional assistance from others in order to do so.