Electrical issues are a serious problem. The last thing you want is for your electrical system to fail when you’re in the middle of cooking dinner or trying to work on an important project. So, if you notice any signs of trouble with your electrical system, you must get these issues checked out right away. Here are some signs that indicate it’s time to call an Electrical in Christchurch:

Smoke or burning smells

If you smell smoke or burning in your home, it is likely a sign of a fire. This can be caused by faulty wiring and should be dealt with immediately.

Electricians Christchurch

Burning at the plug

Check the outlet. It is common for electrical outlets to develop cracks in the internal wiring or to be worn out due to frequent use. If you notice any of these signs, it may be time to call an electrician.
Check the circuit breaker. If your home has a fuse box and you notice a blown a fuse or tripped circuit breaker, this can quickly lead to fire hazards and should be addressed immediately by professionals who know what they’re doing.

Check your wiring. If you’ve noticed that many of your light bulbs seem dimmer than normal or have sudden dimming spells (dimming where there shouldn’t be), it could mean that something is wrong with either the wiring itself or some other part of its insulation system (like plastic covering). This can also cause fires if left unrepaired for too long!

Hot switches

If you notice that your light switches are getting hot, this is a sign that something is wrong with the wiring.

It’s not normal for a switch to get hot, which could mean an electrical short in your home or office building.

If you notice any of these signs, call a professional electrician to inspect the wiring in your home or office building as soon as possible.

Sparking outlets

If you see sparks coming from an electrical outlet, it’s time to call an electrician. You should not use the outlet in any way until the problem is resolved by a professional.

The first thing that needs to be done is determining whether there’s anything wrong with your wiring or if it’s just a faulty device plugged into the socket. If you find no problems with your wiring, you may have a damaged appliance that needs replacing or repair. Otherwise, if you think something is wrong with your home’s electrical system and want to call an electrician immediately during hours of operation, they can come out to diagnose things and get them working again for good!


Before you even consider turning on your electrical system, it’s important to get it checked. A small problem can quickly become big if left untreated, so take action now by contacting your local Electrical Contractors Adelaide.