Your kitchen is the heart of your home, so it’s important to make sure that it looks as good as possible.
It can be easy to get stuck in a rut and just keep doing things the way you’ve always done them, but there are plenty of ways to give your kitchen an update without spending a ton of money or having to hire best kitchen makeover companies designers. Here are some simple tips for improving your kitchen:
Choose the Right Color Scheme
When it comes to color schemes, choosing the right one is important. You want your kitchen to look good and feel great—but you also want it to last as long as possible. So, when you’re picking out paint colors for your cabinets, here are a few tips:
- Choose colors that look good together. It’s important not only to find colors that work well with each other but also ones that complement the existing decor of your kitchen (or match with items in it). For example, if the cabinets are neutral then they can easily be painted white or another bright color like yellow or orange (like these examples below), while bolder shades will make a statement in an otherwise neutral room.
- Choose colors that are in style now. Paint trends come and go—which means they change every few years! If you’re looking at painting over old stained wood cabinets this year then take advantage of what’s new and hot right now by using fresh hues on top of them instead of going with something outdated like browns and tans from 20 years ago! Here’s some inspiration.
Switch the Countertops
If your kitchen is looking a bit drab and dated, definitely consider changing the countertops. Natural stone, like granite and marble, is a timeless addition to any kitchen design.
If you’re looking for something more affordable, laminate countertops can also look great when installed properly. Butcher block counters are another good option that will add warmth and personality to your kitchen.
Choosing new countertops can be intimidating because there are so many options available these days—and they all cost a pretty penny!
But if you know what features you want in advance of shopping around (and if you don’t mind paying extra), then this step will be much easier than it otherwise would be!
Redo Your Cabinets
- Change the hardware. If you’re doing a small remodel, changing cabinet hardware is an easy and affordable way to give your kitchen a whole new look. The easiest way to do this is by adding new pulls for your drawers, but if you don’t want to replace all of them (or can’t), at least consider replacing some of them.
- Replace the doors with glass ones that open up onto your deck or patio.
- Replace the drawer fronts with something different than what’s currently in place—but not too different—and paint/stain them in a color that coordinates with everything else in the kitchen but isn’t overwhelming or distracting either visually or functionally (i.e., make sure they actually open up when you pull on them).
- Replace screws on cabinet doors with decorative pulls, which will add interest while still keeping things functional as far as opening and closing goes (if not more so).
Install an Attractive Backsplash
A backsplash is an area of the wall behind your sink or stove that’s at least two inches tall. It can be made from a variety of materials, including glass tiles, ceramic tiles, and even metal tiles.
Backsplashes are usually installed on the wall above cabinets or directly under them—anywhere where it won’t get hit by water splashing from either side.
I hope these kitchen makeover Gold Coast ideas have inspired you to renovate your own kitchen. If you’re on a budget and looking for ways to save money, consider some DIY projects or repurposing items from other parts of the house (like cabinets).
Of course, if you have the money available then hiring professionals can be helpful too!